You ask. We answer. The most common questions we receive about the PicoAir and PicoPro, the world's first laser HD pico projectors are answered here. Of course if you have a question that isn't found here, please contact us with your question and our team will get back to you as soon as possible.
1. What's the difference between the PicoAir and the PicoPro laser HD projectors?
The PicoAir connects to mobile devices only via wireless protocols and is specifically designed for Miracast-enabled Android devices. It is not recommended for iOS devices and has limited connectivity to Windows devices.
The PicoPro, part of Celluon's family of laser HD pico projectors, has the same wireless capability but also offers HDMI wired connectivity making it the best choice for iOS users, other mobile devices that don't have Miracast and for anyone who wants to connect to multiple device types.
2. How do I connect my pico projector via Miracast?
Miracast-enabled devices may have different names for the Miracast function. For example, Samsung devices may have a "Screen Mirroring" function, where other devices may have a "Cast Screen" function.
3. Do I need to leave my pico projector plugged in to operate or does it run on battery?
. The PicoAir/PicoPro run on a battery that will take approximately 3.5-4 hours to recharge. You can use the PicoAir/PicoPro while plugged in but it will take longer to charge.
4. The PicoAir/PicoPro looks like two parts. Does it come apart?
The modular look of the PicoAir/PicoPro is a design feature. It is actually a single unit. Please do not attempt to separate the two modules.
5. I have an iPhone, how do I connect to the PicoAir?
Short Answer: The PicoAir does not go with iPhones. Long answer: We recommend our PicoPro for iOS devices. Using a separately purchased Lightning Adapter connected via the HDMI cable provided with www.celluon.com's PicoPro you will have full screen mirroring functionality. It is possible to connect to iPhones via the PicoAir's DLNA connection, but we do not recommend it. It requires a a third party application and you will be limited by the viewing options the application supports. We have found it to be a sub-optimal experience.
6. I see a microUSB port on the PicoAir, can I connect my laptop to project through the cable link?
The microUSB port is only for charging the PicoAir. All device connections to the PicoAir for viewing content are wireless. The microUSB is power only, no data transfer.
7. I lost the charger that came with myPicoAir/PicoPro pico projector, can I use other microUSB chargers?
Yes, you can use other microUSB chargers to charge the PicoAir/PicoPro, however it will take longer to charge. The adapter that comes in the retail package is specifically designed for the PicoAir/PicoPro. It is recommended that you do not use this charger for other devices.
8. The colors seem a bit blurry, is there a way to adjust?
Yes, you can use the laser alignment function built into the PicoAir/PicoPro. You can download the instructions from our Resources section of our online Support site. The PicoPro instructions are the same except you must start from the HDMI screen.
9. What are my sound options aside from the 1W internal speaker?
You can connect speakers or headphones directly to the PicoAir/PicoPro using the 3.5mm aux out port. You can also Bluetooth a speaker to your Android device at the same time the PicoAir is connected via Miracast. Unfortunately, you will NOT be able to Bluetooth a speaker to your iPhone/iPad and stream due to Apple's DRM constraints.
10. I turned on my PicoAir/PicoPro and it got stuck on the load screen. What should I do?
Please turn off your PicoAir/PicoPro, wait 5-10 seconds and turn it back on.