Please refer to our answers below to some of the common questions we have received about the world's first laser HD pico projector, PicoAir.
1. What's the difference between PicoAir and PicoPro?
PicoAir is wireless only and designed for Miracast-enabled Android devices. PicoPro has the same wireless capability but also offers HDMI wired connectivity.
2. How do I connect via Miracast?
Many Miracast-enabled devices may have different titles for the Miracast function. For example, Samsung devices may have a "Screen Mirroring" function, where other devices may have "Cast Screen"
3. Do I need to leave it plugged in to operate? Does it run on battery? How long does it take to charge?
PicoAir has a run time of approximately 2 hours and beyond depending on brightness of your media content. It will take approximately 3.5 hours to recharge. PicoAir can run continuously if plugged in but will take longer to charge.
4. It looks like two parts
It is one module. Please do not attempt any modification.
5. I have an iPhone, what do I do?
While it is possible to connect to iPhones via the DLNA connection of PicoAir, it is not recommended as you must use a third party application and you will be limited by what the application can offer. We instead recommend Apple users to get the PicoPro, with the separate purchase of a Lightning Adapter, they will have full screen mirroring functionality.
6. I see a microUSB port, can I link into my laptop to project through the cable link?
PicoAir is wireless only and the microUSB port is only for charging purposes.
7. I lost my charger that came with PicoAir, can I use other microUSB chargers?
Yes, you can use other micro USB chargers to charge PicoAir, however it will take longer to charge PicoAir as the adapter that comes with the retail package is specifically and only for PicoAir.
8. The colors seem a bit blurry, is there a way to adjust?
Yes, there is a laser alignment that can be done by you, please see the instructions in the Download area of our Support.